Alton Towers

After much badgering by the children, we went to Alton Towers for a two day break, figuring it would be too much to do in one day. I was right and would recommend this for anyone thinking of going, we didn't feel we had to rush everything and we were able to save things for the second day. In the big picture, it cost very little more for the extra day.  We stayed at The Roman Way Hotel in Cannock, and we received exemplory standards of customer service there. 

I hadn't been to Alton Towers since I was 15 and in 5th form and it had changed beyond recognition.  It wasn't the only thing. I seem to have lost my fearlessness along with my looks and figure.  I spent most of my time with my eyes closed and screaming - and we're not talking RITA or Air or Nemesis here folks, oh no. I'm talking Blade and those horrible Twirling Toadstools.  I was screaming so much, that small children were laughing at me.   It was a kids ride.  Never, ever again.

Didn't get too many pictures as we were just so busy the whole time, and none of Daniel (sorry Dan!) who was off doing his own thing with his uncle on the bigger rides.  But enough pictures to say, we were here.


I am on this actual ride, screaming.  Third from left.


Ryan met his hero, Sonic the Hedgehog..


Adam finally got over his fear of the giant squirrel

The kids (as standard) plumped for a burger bar takeout.  Steve and I ate at the Eastern Express cafe/takeaway there, and it has to be said the food was out of this world, and very reasonably priced.  They had all manner of curries, wraps, kebabs going on there.  Like we'd died and gone to heaven.  Service was prompt and they were really polite and helpful too, we ordered during an almighty downpour, and upon seeing us outside, we were told to come and eat in.  I pointed out that the kids had fast food from a burger outlet and they said it was fine, as we were their customers.


Their faces say it all!

Comments