Kung Hei Fat Choi, half term already and other nonsense

It doesn't seem like yesterday I was writing about the children going back to school and - they're off again!  The house isn't even tidy from the Christmas break yet... so Mr G and I have made a pact last night, that the house, and the children (and he and I) are getting whipped into shape this half term.  It's not the tidying that is ever the issue - it's keeping it tidy.  So I think I may have to bite the bullet and draw up some house rules that we all have to adhere to - and maybe even a sticker chart (for Mr G).  At the end of the day, I'm only human, I can't do it all myself - and I shouldn't have to do it all myself.   As I've touched on before, this house doesn't 'work' for us as a family - partly our fault for having so much stuff, but then it's six people's stuff.  Partly because the house is so ridiculously laid out, so much wasted space it's unbelievable.  I don't regret moving here, it is a nice house, we have a lovely garden, wonderful neighbours - but I have to be in control of the house, and not it in control of me.


Mr G had another one of his moments whilst out shopping the other day.  Wheeling the trolley to the car to pack the shopping into the bags.  He stops, shaking his head.

Him:  Just look at that.  Look  *points at car boot*

Me:  What?

Him:  Bloody swan sh*t all over the car!

Me:  Oh no!  Now you'll still not have to clean it, ever!   And by swan, you mean...

Him:  Seagull

Me:  I'm putting you in a home.


It's a miserable Sunday, raining steadily (what else?).  This week we have Chinese New Year, Pancake Day, and Valentines Day so there may be a few recipe posts for you!  The children want to go to the cinema to watch 'Wreck it Ralph'.  This will be the first time we've ever gone as a family.  This is also my bargaining tool for the house spring clean.  No cleany - no Ralphy!  

Wish me luck, I'm going in...

Comments

  1. We've been too scared to try the movies as a family yet--I hope it's a success for you guys! And good luck with that cleaning schedule ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith - it's appalling timing for my eldest, who is nearly 18 (lol) and probably prefers something being blown up, or car chases but there you go! And it's amazing the difference in tidy you get when you say 'If it's tidy, we'll go and watch it, if it's reeeeeeeeeeeally tidy - we'll do 3D'.

      I'll need more than luck, I think I need to throw everything out and start again :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so if you should stop by, just give a little wave to me and be sure to say 'Hi!' :-)

I know, I know... poetry also not my strong point...