Pork and Pineapple with Egg Fried Rice

Recipe retry #5 - I only made this once before and as far as I remember it was really good.  Time to see if my memory served me well in this case!  Ingredients are for three this time, as our eldest was having it too.



Ingredients (Serves 3):
265g Pork loin steak, trimmed of all visible fat, and diced into small pieces
40 ml Pineapple juice
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Minced ginger
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pineapple rings, sliced really thinly
1 Onion, red or white, diced
1 tsp Minced ginger
Mixed peppers, diced
60g Plum Sauce
Spring onion (to garnish)

For the Egg Fried Rice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
180g Easy cook long grain rice
1 egg, beaten
Spring onions
Light and Dark soy sauce
Salt (if required)


First make the egg fried rice - directions for how I make my quick and easy (but tasty) rice are here.  You can add what you want to it really, but I'm keeping it simple as it's only going to be added to the rest of the ingredients and mixed in.

Mix the pineapple juice, soy sauce and ginger together and pour over the pork.  Cover and refrigerate for about an hour - or the longer the better, overnight if you're more prepared than I am!

Drain off the marinade from the pork, and heat the oil in a wok.  Brown the pork chunks for a few minutes and then add the second teaspoon of minced ginger, onions, peppers and pineapples.  Cook for 4 - 5 minutes, until the vegetables are almost cooked.


Add the plum sauce to the wok and stir into the vegetables.  Add the rice to the wok, mix thoroughly, and check the seasoning.  Top with sliced spring onion and serve immediately.


This meal is pointed at 14 Propoints per serving.  We had ours with a portion of Weight Watchers oven chips (5 Propoints).  This was really delicious, nicer than I'd remembered if anything, and so quick and easy to make (especially if you prepare your rice beforehand).

Oh - and finally...


All day, every day... ;-)

M x

Comments

  1. It must be a fried rice week; I made rice last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too - but mine was from a frozen steam bag *head hung in shame* :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so if you should stop by, just give a little wave to me and be sure to say 'Hi!' :-)

I know, I know... poetry also not my strong point...