Recipe - Cajun Chicken Pasta

Recipe Retry #5 is Cajun Chicken Pasta.  I had only ever made this once before and I remembered that it was H-O-T!   We're talking 'toilet-roll-in-the-freezer' spicy.  I do remember it being very tasty though, and I was glad to see my memory had served me well.  This time I've lowered the Cajun seasoning down to one tablespoon from the two in the original recipe, because coupled with the Cayenne, that's quite a bit of heat for a dish to be packing.  I want to be able to taste it above the burn!

Ingredients (serves 2):
120g dried pasta shapes
3 cooked chicken breasts, grilled, poached or baked - I used George ;-)
ml Elmlea light Double Cream
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
½ bunch of Spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp Ground black pepper
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 peppers, any colour, sliced
100g mushrooms, sliced


Comments