Why I've been AWOL recently... Part Deux

So - after doing this...


... from 6.30 am on Saturday I was quite tired.  So I sat down for the rest of the night, watching the young ones dance the night away, while I had wine bought for me from my lovely son and stepson.  Result.  I knew one day they'd be old enough to come in handy for something. 

My son and stepson raiding the buffet before anyone arrived!

There was a sweet buffet set up for the kids (and big kids)!


Despite having his very long hair cut for the occasion, poor Dan was subject to the usual ritual humiliation from his older cousins.   Two of the more notable comparisons were 'Mika' and 'Jonathan Creek'.  Lol.


 
My boys doing the Cha Cha Slide...



And my beautiful daughter, glammed up.



All in all, a really wonderful night.  I was asked to go up on stage and I received a bottle of wine and chocolates for my help, which was really nice.  My Sister in Law also bought me a new Maneki Neko for my collection :-)  It was nice for my husband to get together with his extended family and friends without the occasion being someone's funeral, which is the norm for a lot of families, I suppose.

My new baby, third from left

Sunday lunch time we made our way home.  Mr G had a hospital appointment with his consultant in Wrexham on the Monday or it would have been nice to stay longer and recover from my hangover.  On the way home he said this...

Mr G:  I'm starting to wish that I'd done what I was told last week... 
Me:  Eh? 
Mr G:  Painting those walls before putting the tree up.

I just nodded and began to hatch a devious plan in my mind...



Comments