He's home!

Mr G is home!  Well, he's been home since Monday afternoon but this is the first chance I have had to post.  I've been rushing around like a little lunatic.  Nothing new there, you say?  Ok, I've been rushing around even more than usual.  And in more of a lunatic fashion.  

He's in a lot of pain, which is to be expected, but I'm keeping him silent with Tramadol.  He's happy and coping with the pain because he knows what it is, it's his body healing after the operation.  Nothing sinister.   He finally felt up to having a shower yesterday, and I helped him with that, then he had a shave and even put some aftershave on.  I changed all his dressings, yes, me.  I didn't pass out.  I rock, completely.  Last night we (almost) reached deadlock about the sleeping arrangements.  But he can't outsmart me.  I'm better at it than he is.  Let me explain...

The plan was, and usually is after he's had an operation - that we sleep downstairs.  Him on the big sofa, me on the little one.  Twice there was no choice because he'd had his ankle operated on, so he couldn't get upstairs even if he'd wanted to.  I had to be on hand in case he needed me.  I knew we couldn't sleep together in the bed because I can be quite restless and he was scared of me catching him.  11 pm comes and I'm ready for bed, but then I think to the next morning.  My four children, and my friend's daughter who I mind from 7.30 am when her Mum goes to work until she leaves for school.  So I point this out to him, that he'll be awake from 7 am, have no peace.  Isn't he better off in bed?  Can he make it upstairs?  Well, Mr G thinks so.  And I would sleep on the sofa?  Er... not quite.  So, I've spent the last three nights on a makeshift bed on the floor, by the side of my bed.  Mr G isn't happy about this.  Despite me telling him I've had less comfortable nights sleep camping, he was determined I was taking the bed last night.  I was determined I wasn't.  I won.  

So I've been feeding, watering, washing, drying, ironing, shopping, cleaning, cooking, I have basically been a wonderful wife.  Best.  Wife.  Ever.  If Carlsberg did wives, ok, they wouldn't be me-shaped.  Or have a face like a slapped arse like I do.  But everything else?  Oh yeah.  I am in smug-wife mode.  He'd better get me something bloody good for my birthday.  Preferably involving Lawson.  And a Chicken kebab. 

I do want to say a huge thank you to my friends and family for all their support, once again!  As my family lurches from one medical crisis to the next, once again they have all come through for me.  I've had so many offers of help that I quite simply haven't needed to use them all (yet, anyway!  Still a fair few weeks of recovery to go!).  I really am a very lucky girl to have such great people in my life.   If I can ever return the favour, I will be there for them, always.

Looking ahead to this weekend, and looking forward to doing the absolute bare minimum possible, just sitting down, chilling and eating curry.  I'm also going to do the Reese's Dessert again and I might even have a cheeky bottle of Red ;-)   Just the one though, I still feel ashamed about desecrating the Disney bin.

Whatever you're doing this weekend, hope it's a good one :-)

M x

Comments