Happy New Year!

2016 is here finally, and it's going to be a good one, I can feel it in me waters!  Although if you'd asked me that yesterday, I think I'd have been inclined to disagree.  The plan was 'a quiet one'.  My sister in law had car trouble, they decided not to risk travelling, so it was just meant to be our friends and a few pints and some telly.  See the fireworks in London, and then go to bed.  The reality was... a lot of wine, a lot of pints.  Jager Bombs (oh my days) and then my neighbour leading me astray when she got in from town and drinking in the garden until 3 am.  So, come yesterday morning, nay - yesterday afternoon, when I got up at noon - plans for our New Year's Day roast dinner firmly up shit creek without a paddle, I was dying a slow, painful death.  I put a dressing gown on, grabbed a fleece blankie and placed my butt cheeks in the Homer Simpson-esque dents that are moulded into my chair and didn't move for the rest of the day, only to pee.  Mr G, who had only had a couple of pints and was feeling fresh as a daisy, cleared all the recycling away (I was cringing as I heard our boxes being emptied into the recycling wagon this morning), put the rubbish out, steam mopped the floor, hoovered through, made me countless cups of coffee, laughed at me, and then bought me a kebab for tea.  I soldiered on through the darts quarter finals and then went to bed.  The words 'I am never drinking again' were uttered countless times yesterday.  We'll see. 

With the exception of Mr G's health, 2015 wasn't a bad one at all.  We've definitely had worse.  So, here are my highlights of 2015.

Best CD of 2015 - Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams. 


Hands down, fantastic, start to finish.  I've always been a big Coldplay fan, and find that they just get better and better as the years go by.  How they'll top this album is beyond me.  Highlights are the fab single 'Adventure of a Lifetime' and an amazing duet with Beyonce called 'Hymn for the Weekend'.  If you find them too depressing normally, then this upbeat offering should convert you.

Best TV programme - Catastrophe Series 2.  


This programme could have so easily passed me by, only for the fact that we used to watch something prior to it on Channel 4, and had seen a trailer for it.  Starring Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney, this programme made Mr G and I laugh so much at times that we physically hurt.  Especially the episode where they went to Paris.  Especially the massage part.  Please make a third series!

Best Gig of 2015 - Lawson. 



I only went to one this year, so choices are limited there.  But oh, it was fab.  Can't wait for them to release their new CD, Chapman Square seems so far away now.

Best Book I read in 2015 - Chrissy Anderson's List Trilogy.   



Funniest moment of 2015 - Mr G and the Duck Farts.  What a tube.

Best Meal out in 2015 - We had a few nice meals out this year, from gourmet food in The Hand in Llanarmon, to scrummy fish and chips sat in the car in Benllech.  And I think that the meal that just edged it was the breakfast we had in Devon, in a Sizzling Pub. 


Plans for 2016 - working on my 40 before 40 list - eight things still elude me!  Hopefully getting a diagnosis of BIID and then working out how best to treat it.  We're now season ticket holders at North Wales Crusaders so we'll be spending a fair few Sundays in Wrexham.  Going to lose all this weight I've put back on before my friend gets married in September.  I'm also going to win a huge Euromillions jackpot too.  I have decided ;-)


So, a Happy New Year to my friends, family and followers, I hope it's a happy and healthy one for you :-)

Comments

  1. Happy new year mama G and brood, fancy a beer? Lol have you fully recovered now or is the head still fuzzy lol. Love and light for 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Floss! No, I can safely say that I don't fancy a beer. I'm still not fully recovered to be honest, but I got a bit more done today than yesterday. Which wasn't hard to be fair ;-) Managed to pull a roast dinner out of the bag and eat it too, for once! Hope it's a good one for you too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so if you should stop by, just give a little wave to me and be sure to say 'Hi!' :-)

I know, I know... poetry also not my strong point...